2020 Flu Clinics
Flu Clinic appointments for Autumn/winter 2020 are now available!
Due to the ongoing pandemic there will be several changes to our flu clinics this year. Please read the information below carefully:
What do I need to know?
Saturday Flu Clinics will be held on the following dates:
- Saturday 26th September (for patients aged 65+)
- Saturday 3rd October (for patients aged 65+)
- Saturday 10th October (for patients aged 65+)
- Saturday 17th October (for adults aged under 64)
For reasons of patient safety we will only book patients into the designated clinic for their age group.
If you are attending a Saturday appointment you must:
- Print and complete a Flu Vaccination Form and bring it to your appointment. If you don’t have access to a printer you should collect one from reception as soon as possible (blank forms may not be available on the day)
- Be prepared the car park will be closed and patients will be required to wait outside so leave yourself plenty of time to find somewhere to park and bring an umbrella if it is raining
- Wear a face mask
- Follow social distancing rules while queuing
- Arrive in a timely manner. If you arrive more than 10 minutes early you may be asked to return closer to your appointment time.
You are eligible to receive a flu jab if you…
- Are aged 65 or older
- Are pregnant
- Have certain long term medical conditions (e.g. Diabetes, Heart Disease, COPD, liver disease etc.)
- Are a carer (i.e. you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person)
- Live with someone who is on the shielding list
There have been reports in the news that the flu vaccine may be available for all patients aged 50+ (even if they don’t fall into any of the categories above). We are not able to offer the vaccine to those people at this time. We await an update from the government in November.